The Hande surname comes from a cluster of farms by that name in Vestre Slidre parish in the Valdres region of Oppland County, Norway. D’Arcy has traced his lineage back to three distinct ancestors living on the Hande farms in the 16th and 17th centuries, who may or may not have been related to one another.
- Knut Hande (ca 1550-1620)
- Halstein Hande (lived in the 1600)
- Marit Hande (lived in the 1600s), married to Halvor Nilsson Semelenge/Summelengji
D’Arcy has also added to his records anyone descended from two other Hande progenitors in Vestre Slidre, in hopes that someday he will be able to tie them in with the wider Handeslekt (Hande clan).
- Thiøstul Hande (lived in the 1600s)
- Trond Hande (lived in the 1500s)