D’Arcy Hande began researching his family history as a Canadian Centennial project in 1967. With the help of many others in the family and other genealogists he has met over the years, he has amassed a database with over 16,000 individuals, over 6,000 family units, and nearly 4,000 surnames.
D’Arcy’s primary research interest has focused on the following surnames and locales:
- Bennet, Bennett, Bennoch originating in south-west Scotland
- Hande originating in central Norway
- Middleton originating in south-west Scotland
- Popp originating in Germany and Austrian Galicia and Bukovina
- Trotter originating in south-west Scotland
- Wagner originating in Austrian Bukovina
D’Arcy welcomes collaboration and correspondence with anyone researching these surnames.